- Over 50 Dead, Including Children, After Tornado Strikes Oklahoma City Suburb
- Chicago Paper Scrutinizes Metro Police Department's Overtime Usage
- Official: FBI Agents' Cause of Death Unlikely Soon
- Virginia Driver Who Hit Officer with Car Shot, Killed
- 2013 Trainer of the Year!
- Tips for Trainers
- Technology & Officer Safety
The city of Toledo on Monday issued 137.5 layoff notices in an effort to present a balanced budget come March 31. The layoff measures would be in addition to other cuts and revenue enhancements that have been proposed for council approval, but not yet acted upon. The cuts so far would result in the elimination of 125 police officers and 32.5 other non-essential general fund positions - some of which are currently vacant. Other notices are pending.