- Post-Incident Video Viewing Policy
- Family Sues Albuquerque PD Over Fatal Crash
- Laser Technology, Inc. and Sr. Collision Reconstructionist to Co-host Crash Scene Mapping Webcast
- FBI: Agents Fell to Deaths Training off Virginia Coast
- Colorado Governor Delays Execution of Convicted Killer
- Massive Search Underway for Abducted Teen in Iowa
- London Police Investigate Ruthless Killing as Terror Attack
BARSTOW, Calif. Police in Southern California are trying to identify a human head that was found inside a backpack in the San Bernardino County desert.
Police says a man collecting cans found the backpack last week. Inside was the head of a brown-haired woman, wrapped in plastic grocery bags with the store labels "Fiesta Foods" and "Walgreens."
Barstow police say DNA samples and X-rays have been sent to the state and investigators also are asking for the public's help.
The head was found west of a residential neighborhood not far from several truck stops.
Barstow is about 90 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Information from: The Sun, http://www.sbsun.com