- Texas Deputy Killed in Collision with Intoxicated Driver
- ODMP: South Carolina Officer Dies of Smoke Inhalation from Earlier Fire
- FBI Hostage Rescue Team Agents Killed in Training Exercise
- Phoenix Police Officer Dies in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Metro-Washington Airport Officer Shot and Killed by Wife
- New York Student Killed During Shooting between Intruder and Police
- College Student, Intruder Killed in New York Break-In
SOUTHEAST, N.Y. - An 83-year-old driver chased a pickup truck for 15 miles from New York into Connecticut, helping police catch the drunken driving suspect who had rear-ended his car.
The incident last weekend started on Interstate 684 in Southeast, N.Y.
Frank Canale of Scarsdale, N.Y., pursued the man all the way to his driveway in Danbury, Conn., and stayed there until police arrived. He says he feared the man could kill someone.
His daughter, Lori Canale-Smith of Pleasantville, called police on her cell phone during the chase.
By the time they finished filing police reports in two states, the pair missed the wedding they were heading to when the accident happened.
Police say the truck's driver was charged with driving under the influence and driving without a license.
Information from: The Journal News, http://www.thejournalnews.com