- 15-Year-Old Held in Murder of Siblings
- Dead Iowa Kidnapping Suspect Probed in Cousins' Deaths
- Colorado Killer's Reprieve Sharply Criticized
- Czech Police Seek US Man Suspected of 4 Murders
- Washington Deputy Injured in Off-Duty Motorcycle Crash Dies
- Woman’s Life Saved using Vigilant Solutions’ License Plate Recognition (LPR) Data
- Morphix Technologies Chameleon Cassette for Ammonia
NEW YORK A police officer in Brooklyn has fatally shot a man who the NYPD says was brandishing a fake pistol near a school.
Police said they received a 911 call Monday afternoon from a parent reporting a man with a handgun near an elementary school.
They say that when officers arrived, the 22-year-old man pointed the phony gun at them during in a confrontation on the street outside the school. A uniformed officer responded by firing three shots.
The man was pronounced dead at the hospital. His name was not immediately released.