- Phoenix Police Officer Dies in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Metro-Washington Airport Officer Shot and Killed by Wife
- New York Student Killed During Shooting between Intruder and Police
- College Student, Intruder Killed in New York Break-In
- Motorcycle Deputy Critically Hurt in East Georgia Dies
- Ohioan to Appeal Conviction in 'Dying Blinks' Case
- Woman in Towed Car Likely Died at North Carolina Crash Scene, Autopsy Finds
CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. - Marines in North Carolina have scheduled an exercise that mirrors a shooting rampage last year at the Army's Fort Hood in Texas in which 13 people were killed.
The exercise, called "Urgent Response 2010," will be held at Camp Lejeune on Wednesday and Thursday. The scenario features a shooter in a simulated attack that will result in mass casualties and a hostage situation.
Camp Lejeune conducts a mass casualty exercise every year, but officials said they added the shooter scenario this year because of the incident at Fort Hood.
The Army has charged Major Nidal Hasan with 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder in the Nov. 5 shootings.