- ODMP: South Carolina Officer Dies of Smoke Inhalation from Earlier Fire
- FBI Hostage Rescue Team Agents Killed in Training Exercise
- Phoenix Police Officer Dies in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Metro-Washington Airport Officer Shot and Killed by Wife
- New York Student Killed During Shooting between Intruder and Police
- College Student, Intruder Killed in New York Break-In
- Motorcycle Deputy Critically Hurt in East Georgia Dies
BRANCHBURG, N.J. - Authorities in central New Jersey have seized a cache of weapons and ammunition including rifles, a grenade launcher and a night vision scope from the motel room of a Virginia man.
Somerset County Prosecutor Wayne Forrest says Lloyd R. Woodson, a 43-year-old from Reston, Va., also had maps of a U.S. military facility and a town in another state.
He was arrested in Branchburg early Monday by officers responding to a report of a suspicious person. The FBI says Woodson has no known terrorism links.
Forrest says Woodson was wearing a bulletproof vest and carrying a semiautomatic Bushmaster rifle under his jacket when he was arrested.
Woodson was being held at the Somerset County Jail on charges including unlawful possession of weapons.
The prosecutor's office did not know whether Woodson had a lawyer.