- Post-Incident Video Viewing Policy
- Family Sues Albuquerque PD Over Fatal Crash
- Laser Technology, Inc. and Sr. Collision Reconstructionist to Co-host Crash Scene Mapping Webcast
- FBI: Agents Fell to Deaths Training off Virginia Coast
- Colorado Governor Delays Execution of Convicted Killer
- Massive Search Underway for Abducted Teen in Iowa
- London Police Investigate Ruthless Killing as Terror Attack
CRANBURY, N.J. – iXP Corporation, a leading public safety consulting and technology company, joined with the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) to present the 7th Annual IACP-iXP Excellence in Technology Awards.
This international awards program is designed to recognize exceptional, innovative, and extraordinary achievement in law enforcement technology-based programs, efforts, or initiatives. This year’s awards were presented to agencies at the 34th Annual IACP Law Enforcement Information Management Conference recently held in Atlanta, Ga.
Striving For Excellence
iXP and IACP presented nine awards in three categories, with up to four different winners, based on size of agency, in each. The categories were Response to Computer-Related Crime; Excellence in Law Enforcement Communications and Interoperability and Innovation in Information Technology. The size designations, based on number of sworn agency personnel were: Small (50 or fewer); Medium (51 to 200); Large (200+); and Regional/Multi-Jurisdictional of any size.
This year’s winners included:
• Holland Police Department (Holland, Ohio) for its Video Analysis and Digital Forensics solution;
• Serious Organized Crime Agency (SOCA), U.K. Police Unit, for its Project Minstrel;
• York Poquoson Sheriff’s Office (Yorktown, Virginia) for its External Alarm Interface Exchange;
• Missouri State Highway Patrol for its Interoperable Public Safety Communications Platform;
• National Forensic Science Technology Center (NFSIC) (Largo, Florida) for its Forensic Information Data Exchange (FIDEX) solution;
• Wilfrid Laurier University Special Constable Service (Waterloo, Ontario, Canada) for its Communications Centre;
• Clark County School District Police Department (CCSD) (Las Vegas, Nevada) for its DataCast Solution;
• Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office (Phoenix, Arizona) for its Facial Recognition Unit; and,
• Montgomery County Police Department (MCPD) (Rockville, Silver Spring, Bethesda, Wheaton, Germantown and Gaithersburg, Maryland) for its Information Integration solution.
William E. Metro, President & Chief Operating Officer of iXP Corporation, stated, “At iXP, we have a sincere appreciation for each agency’s unique operational needs and legacy technology environments. We respect and want to recognize what has been done to improve the exchange of information and system interoperability through the use of innovative technologies.”
Criteria for Success
The submissions were judged on Technical Merit, Level of Innovation, Effectiveness, Ability to Replicate, and Overall Impact by a panel of experts from IACP committees and its Law Enforcement Information Technology (LEIM) section.
“We appreciate iXP’s continued support during the past 7 years of this highly worthwhile IACP program,” commented Mark A. Marshall, Incoming IACP President and Chief of Police, Smithfield Virginia Police Department. “Our award winners are recognized for superior and innovative use of technology in law enforcement. These achievements benefit the profession, as well the public and local communities, both throughout the United States and globally."
Metro continued, “This award symbolizes the types of operational and technical challenges that we all routinely face, and we are reminded about the power that technology can have on providing better service to the community, improving operational efficiency, fighting crime and being able to do more with less.”
About iXP Corporation: iXP Corporation (www.ixpcorp.com) is recognized as the company that public safety and security organizations rely on to solve their mission critical emergency response challenges. With headquarters in Cranbury, N.J., iXP serves municipalities, colleges, universities, hospitals, and corporations nationwide. iXP works with its clients to provide a total solution methodology that incorporates governance, operations, technology, facilities and outsourcing services. The firm develops and implements reliable and cost-effective solutions for scalable communications systems, municipal protection, campus safety, and healthcare security.