FEATURED IN INDUSTRY NEWS
- Cotter Research 2013 Summer Law Enforcement Conference: A Web-Based Event
- L-3 Mobile-Vision Announces Patrol Scout Situational Awareness with Video Streaming
- Harris Corporation Awarded $19 Million Contract to Improve Virginia County Critical Communications
- California Receives First-Ever White Space Broadband Network
- Barnes Proudly Sponsors NRA Woman’s Outlook
- GammaTech Introduces Latest Model to Its Award-Winning Rugged Durabook Notebook Line
- City of Phoenix (Ariz.) PD Hits the Streets with VIEVU’s Wearable Cameras
Bountiful, Utah (June 8, 2011) – In today’s world of heightened public safety, the demand for fast and efficient emergency response times and reporting data has never been greater. That’s why the Bountiful Police Department is taking a proactive approach to community safety – by implementing new features to its existing reporting technology.
In 2009, the Bountiful Police Department installed FATPOT mobile e-ticketing system and fully mobile record management system (RMS). More than 50 officer vehicles are equipped with the software, which has helped Bountiful law enforcement significantly reduce time spent on paperwork and filing. Continuing their success, the Bountiful Police Department has implemented four new FATPOT RMS modules, giving officers more time to focus on serving and protecting citizens of the community. Key features include:
· Automated Field Reporting module – Wireless technology to enables officers to electronically file citations, accidents, incidents and reports from their in-vehicle computer, and send directly to the courts system for processing, payment, etc.
· Real-time GPS/AVL/CAD Tracking and Mapping module – Using Global Positioning System (GPS) and Automated Vehicle Location (AVL) of their vehicles, officers can access a mobile map that plots all emergency calls, first responders, assets and resources in the region to get a “big picture” view of the situation.
· DATAfusion – Connects the Bountiful Police Department to isolated and disparate information systems at local, state, and federal levels. This enables the city’s Police department the power to share authorized information, like identification checks or criminal backgrounds, across multiple jurisdictions at any time.
· Web Analytics – Up-to-date statistical analysis from daily log entries, automated reporting and other sources to allow the Police department to compile a variety of statistical reports, including trends in local crime.
Police Chief Tom Ross of the Bountiful Police Department notes that the new FATPOT modules are helping officers, dispatchers, records clerks and supervisors streamline their reports and guiding the department toward a “nearly paperless” operation. In addition, he says the tracking and statistical data has led to improved accountability among employees.
“Using the FATPOT RMS program, we can allocate assets of potential productivity issues within the department to provide the highest level of police services to our community,” Ross said. “FATPOT has been a powerful partner toward reaching this goal, providing us with a product that is progressive and adaptable to our needs.”
Brian Taylor, CEO of FATPOT, adds, “Communities across the country have come to expect that law enforcement services be provided efficiently, conveniently and most importantly, cost-effectively. At FATPOT, we establish a critical link for the Bountiful Police Department – and the ability to meet the highest expectations with the best tools and technology available.”
FATPOT has successfully deployed its unique and robust technology solutions in approximately 150 city, county and statewide public safety agencies across the nation.
FATPOT Technologies – a subsidiary of Communications International, Inc. (“CII”) – is a recognized leader in data interoperability and information sharing among public safety, mission critical and Homeland Security clients. Powered by the Peer Intelligence® data sharing platform, FATPOT provides groundbreaking applications and tools that allow client agencies to seamlessly and securely connect applications, databases and information systems, i.e. CAD, AVL/GPS and RMS – across multiple jurisdictions. For more information, please visit www.fatpot.com
CII (www.ask4cii.com) is an internationally recognized systems integrator with expertise in wireless voice, data and networking technology. Working with leading manufacturers and software companies, CII helps mission critical, public safety, transit and utility networks clients achieve their vision by fitting best in breed technologies together from concept to implementation. An employee-owned company with 10 locations and 180 employees, including engineers, technicians, project managers and subject matters experts, CII supports operations and projects across the U.S. and abroad.