Officer Chris Jones
FEATURED IN INDUSTRY NEWS
- Cotter Research 2013 Summer Law Enforcement Conference: A Web-Based Event
- L-3 Mobile-Vision Announces Patrol Scout Situational Awareness with Video Streaming
- Harris Corporation Awarded $19 Million Contract to Improve Virginia County Critical Communications
- California Receives First-Ever White Space Broadband Network
- Barnes Proudly Sponsors NRA Woman’s Outlook
- GammaTech Introduces Latest Model to Its Award-Winning Rugged Durabook Notebook Line
- City of Phoenix (Ariz.) PD Hits the Streets with VIEVU’s Wearable Cameras
Officer Chris Jones of the Middletown Township Police Department in Pennsylvania was struck and killed while conducting a traffic stop on Route 1, near the I-95 interchange on Jan. 29. As Jones was returning to his patrol car, two cars collided and careened into his vehicle, which then struck him. He was transported to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries. Officer Jones had served with the Middletown Township Police Department for 10 years. He is survived by his wife and three children.
This information was provided by the Officer Down Memorial Page Inc., a nonprofit organization dedicated to honoring America's fallen law enforcement officers. For more information on this incident, other line-of-duty death reports and law enforcement memorials, visit www.odmp.org.