FEATURED IN INDUSTRY NEWS
- Cotter Research 2013 Summer Law Enforcement Conference: A Web-Based Event
- L-3 Mobile-Vision Announces Patrol Scout Situational Awareness with Video Streaming
- Harris Corporation Awarded $19 Million Contract to Improve Virginia County Critical Communications
- California Receives First-Ever White Space Broadband Network
- Barnes Proudly Sponsors NRA Woman’s Outlook
- GammaTech Introduces Latest Model to Its Award-Winning Rugged Durabook Notebook Line
- City of Phoenix (Ariz.) PD Hits the Streets with VIEVU’s Wearable Cameras
On Sept. 14, PennWell Corporation announced the acquisition of Elsevier Public Safety (EPS), the publisher of Law Officer from Elsevier, Inc. The deal also includes LawOfficer.com, FireRescue magazine, FirefighterNation.com, JEMS, JEMS.com, the EMS Today Conference & Exposition, EMS Insider, FireEMSblogs.com, and the publishing contract for APCO’s Public Safety Communications magazine. PennWell, a diversified global media and information company, conducts more than 50 conferences and exhibitions worldwide.
“With Law Officer magazine, we will fill a needed new presence in law enforcement along with our role as publisher of Public Safety Communications magazine,” says Robert F. Biolchini, president and CEO of PennWell. “With an outstanding team led by Jeff Berend, PennWell expects to continue to develop and expand these great products and will be positioned as the only business-to-business media company serving all sectors of the public safety industry. PennWell is pleased to add this perfect fit that we have sought to acquire for the past 10 years.”
Jeff Berend will remain publisher of EPS products, which will remain based in San Diego. “We are honored to be part of the PennWell family, which is such a respected provider of information and training for public safety,” Berend says.
For more information, visit www.lawofficer.com/article/news/pennwell-acquires-elsevier-pub.