FEATURED IN NEWS
- Kentucky Officer Shot and Killed, Suspect at Large
- U.S. Man Wanted for Czech Murders Arrested by FBI at Dulles
- Lawsuit Claims Deputy Shot Man But Didn't Call Paramedics
- Mother Killed, Kids Hurt, after Shoplifters Crash in Houston
- Washington, D.C. Transit Police Arrest AED Thief
- Suspect in Killing of Utah Officer Found Dead in Cell
- New Jersey Cop Accused of Setting Fire to Captain's Home
Law Officer magazine presented Ed Nowicki, executive director of the International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association (ILEETA), with the inaugural Law Officer Trainer of the Year award. Editor Dale Stockton presented the award to Nowicki in April during the opening ceremonies of the 2007 ILEETA International Training Conference and Expo in the Chicago area. Hundreds of officers from around the country rose to their feet and applauded for several minutes following the announcement. Stunned, Nowicki said he was both humbled and honored by the recognition.
Stockton says, We strongly believe it s important to recognize exceptional commitment and contribution to the profession. Ed Nowicki has served the law enforcement community tirelessly for 40 years and is the founder of ILEETA, the finest police training organization in the country. Every discussion about who should receive this award came back to Ed.
The Law Officer Trainer of the Year award, presented annually at ILEETA s annual conference, is given to a law enforcement trainer who has exhibited exceptional training skills and achievements. The recipient receives airfare, registration and hotel accommodations for the conference, a plaque and a $1,000 prize.
Law Officer will soon begin accepting nominations for the 2008 award. For more information about the award and the submissions process, visit www.lawofficermagazine.com.