FEATURED IN NEWS
- 15-Year-Old Held in Murder of Siblings
- Dead Iowa Kidnapping Suspect Probed in Cousins' Deaths
- Colorado Killer's Reprieve Sharply Criticized
- Czech Police Seek US Man Suspected of 4 Murders
- Washington Deputy Injured in Off-Duty Motorcycle Crash Dies
- Man Shot by FBI in Florida Had Ties to Boston Bombing Suspect
- Suspects in Brutal London Attack Were Targets of Earlier Security Investigations
Sergeant Dario Aponte of the New Haven (Conn.) Police Department was killed in a motor vehicle accident while responding to a domestic violence call. While driving to the scene, he collided with another patrol car en route to the same call. Aponte was killed and the officer driving the other vehicle was critically injured.
Aponte served with the department for 17 years. He's survived by his wife and four children. His wife also serves as an officer with the agency.
This information was provided by the Officer Down Memorial Page, Inc., a nonprofit organization dedicated to honoring America's fallen law enforcement officers. For more information on this incident, other
line-of-duty death reports and law enforcement memorials, visitwww.odmp.org.