FEATURED IN NEWS
- Search for Survivors in Oklahoma Nearly Complete
- Police Chief: No Charges Likely in Virginia Parade Crash
- Suspect in Abduction of 2 Girls Found Dead in Iowa
- Utah Police Close 2009 Cold Case
- Off-Duty Atlanta Motorcycle Officer Hurt in Crash
- Urgent Appeal: Help for Okla. Tornado Victims
- Many Dead, Including Children, After Tornado Strikes Oklahoma City Suburb
DECATUR, Ill.—The off-duty conservation officer who shot 21-year-old Matthew A. Hollgarth to death in his home after Hollgarth crashed through his door in pursuit of his ex-wife was justified in taking that defensive action. The officer has not be named.
That was the conclusion of a coroner’s jury after listening to the 911 tape which was recorded when the officer called for help, initially in response to Hollgarth and the woman having an altercation in his front yard. For more from the Herald-Review.com, click here.