FEATURED IN NEWS
- Lawsuit Claims Deputy Shot Man But Didn't Call Paramedics
- Mother Killed, Kids Hurt, after Shoplifters Crash in Houston
- Washington, D.C. Transit Police Arrest AED Thief
- Suspect in Killing of Utah Officer Found Dead in Cell
- New Jersey Cop Accused of Setting Fire to Captain's Home
- U.S. Park Police Furloughs Could Cause Holiday Weekend Response Delays
- Interstate Bridge Collapses Over Washington River
GALT, Calif. -- Police Officer Kevin Tonn was shot and killed after responding to a burglary call in the 200 block of F Street at approximately 11:20 am.
- Galt PD Press Conference: Click here to listen.
A struggle ensued after Officer Tonn contacted a suspect two blocks away, in a field near a set of railroad tracks. The suspect was able to shoot Officer Tonn and then fired at another responding officer, who returned fire. The subject fatally shot himself before he was able to be taken into custody.
Officer Tonn was transported to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.