Massachusetts State Police honor the fallen in Washington, D.C. Photo Dale Stockton
During National Police Week 2011, law enforcement from all over the country gathered in Washington, D.C.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Wounded Massachusetts Transit Officer Eager for Work
- Texas Deputy Killed in Collision with Intoxicated Driver
- ODMP: South Carolina Officer Dies of Smoke Inhalation from Earlier Fire
- FBI Hostage Rescue Team Agents Killed in Training Exercise
- Phoenix Police Officer Dies in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Metro-Washington Airport Officer Shot and Killed by Wife
- New York Student Killed During Shooting between Intruder and Police
During National Police Week 2011, officers across the nation are recognizing the service and sacrifice of U.S. law enforcement. Each year, Police Week occurs during the week in which May 15 falls.
Click on the links below to read about what some departments have done or plan on doing to pay homage to their fallen brothers and sisters in blue.
Leave a comment to tell us how your department honored or plans to honor Police Week, and we'll add it to this list.
- Police Week: Send a Message
- C.O.P.S. Help Survivors Learn to Live Again
- PHOTOS: National Police Week 2011 National Law Enforcement Museum Ambassador Group Dinner
- PHOTOS: National Police Week 2011 Candlelight Vigil in Washington, D.C.
- PHOTOS: Retirement Party for the COPS Former Executive Director, Suzie Sawyer, at National Police Week