FEATURED IN NEWS
- Face-Chewing Victim Recovering in Miami
- Newly Released Photos of Tucson Shooting Scene Show Investigative Tactics
- Search for Survivors in Oklahoma Nearly Complete
- Police Chief: No Charges Likely in Virginia Parade Crash
- Suspect in Abduction of 2 Girls Found Dead in Iowa
- Utah Police Close 2009 Cold Case
- Off-Duty Atlanta Motorcycle Officer Hurt in Crash
PALM COAST, Fla.—A 64-year-old man died after his van was hit by a Flagler County Sheriff's deputy responding to a call.
The Florida Highway Patrol says Deputy Christopher Lee Crego was heading to the scene of a crash Wednesday with his lights and sirens on when he hit the van driven by Eduardo Luis Pacheco.
The Daytona Beach News Journal (http://bit.ly/YfK6yR ) reports FHP is trying to determine whether the van was stopped in the middle of the road or if he was attempting to yield to the deputy's vehicle.
Crego was taken to the hospital with lacerations on his head and face. The sheriff's office says he was scheduled to undergo surgery later on Wednesday.
The highway patrol is investigating the crash.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com