FEATURED IN NEWS
- Family Sues Albuquerque PD Over Fatal Crash
- FBI: Agents Fell to Deaths Training off Virginia Coast
- Colorado Governor Delays Execution of Convicted Killer
- Massive Search Underway for Abducted Teen in Iowa
- London Police Investigate Ruthless Killing as Terror Attack
- Stockholm Youth Riot after Fatal Police Shooting
- FBI Agent Involved in Fatal Shooting During Boston Bombing Investigation
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) — A Manatee County Sheriff's deputy was suspended for discrediting a sergeant on Facebook.
The suspension reported Friday by the Bradenton Herald (http://bit.ly/tXZ1yG) followed an internal affairs investigation into the actions of deputy Gerald Kall following a car accident in September.
According to the report, Kall was driving a sheriff's car Sept. 14 when was involved in the crash. Kall posted a link to a newspaper article about the crash on Facebook and commented that the investigating sergeant "screwed up the report."
The report says the deputy used explicit language to describe the sergeant.
He was suspended for 25.8 hours.
The investigation found that Kall's Facebook account was public when he made the posts.
Kall did not dispute making the posts. The report says he told investigators he was stressed.
Information from: The Bradenton Herald , http://www.bradenton.com