FEATURED IN NEWS
- Texas Deputy Killed in Collision with Intoxicated Driver
- ODMP: South Carolina Officer Dies of Smoke Inhalation from Earlier Fire
- FBI Hostage Rescue Team Agents Killed in Training Exercise
- Phoenix Police Officer Dies in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Metro-Washington Airport Officer Shot and Killed by Wife
- New York Student Killed During Shooting between Intruder and Police
- College Student, Intruder Killed in New York Break-In
FREDERICK, Md. (AP) — The Frederick City Police Department says one of its officers has been suspended and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after an off-duty car crash.
The department says 11-year veteran Robert Pierce was arrested after his car hit a guardrail on U.S. 15 at Jefferson Street Wednesday.
Beside the DUI charge, Pierce is accused of leaving the scene of an accident.
The department says Pierce is suspended pending the results of an accident investigation by the Frederick County Sheriff's Office and an internal investigation by city police.
Pierce couldn't be reached for comment. Court records list no defense attorney and a call to the Frederick police officers' union, the Fraternal Order of Police, wasn't immediately returned.