FEATURED IN NEWS
- Wounded Massachusetts Transit Officer Eager for Work
- Texas Deputy Killed in Collision with Intoxicated Driver
- ODMP: South Carolina Officer Dies of Smoke Inhalation from Earlier Fire
- FBI Hostage Rescue Team Agents Killed in Training Exercise
- Phoenix Police Officer Dies in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Metro-Washington Airport Officer Shot and Killed by Wife
- New York Student Killed During Shooting between Intruder and Police
LOS ANGELES – In a move against the federal government, the Los Angeles police chief said Thursday he wants to protect immigrants who are arrested for minor offenses from being deported.
Chief Charlie Beck said he wants to stop honoring federal immigration detention requests in the hope of regaining the public's trust.