FEATURED IN NEWS
- Motorcycle Deputy Critically Hurt in East Georgia Dies
- Ohioan to Appeal Conviction in 'Dying Blinks' Case
- Woman in Towed Car Likely Died at North Carolina Crash Scene, Autopsy Finds
- New Mexico Mom Chases Down Child Abductor; Man Arrested
- New Orleans Parade Shooting Arrests Cheered
- ‘Hatchet Hitchhiker’ Arrested in New Jersey Homicide
- Arrest in Washington Bulldozer Rampage
KINDER, La. (AP) — State police say a 78-year-old Allen Parish constable was killed in a single vehicle accident on U.S. Highway 165 north of Kinder.
Sgt. James Anderson says John D. Manual of Oberlin was southbound Wednesday when his car left the roadway and struck two trees.
Anderson says Manual, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was pronounced dead at the scene by the Allen Parish Coroner's Office.
He says Manual was on-duty at the time of the crash.