FEATURED IN NEWS
- Face-Chewing Victim Recovering in Miami
- Newly Released Photos of Tucson Shooting Scene Show Investigative Tactics
- Search for Survivors in Oklahoma Nearly Complete
- Police Chief: No Charges Likely in Virginia Parade Crash
- Suspect in Abduction of 2 Girls Found Dead in Iowa
- Utah Police Close 2009 Cold Case
- Off-Duty Atlanta Motorcycle Officer Hurt in Crash
PAPILLION, Neb. (AP) — A Papillion (puh-PIHL'-yuhn) man is charged with motor vehicular homicide in the death of an off-duty Ashland police officer in a three-vehicle crash in eastern Nebraska.
KMTV-TV in Omaha (http://bit.ly/RfIjt8 ) says the charge was filed on Tuesday against 23-year-old Shawn Stryker in Sarpy County. He's accused in the death of Daniel Ottis on U.S. Highway 6 near Gretna on Aug. 7.
Investigators say Stryker was driving a pickup that slammed into the back of another pickup that stopped to turn left and was pushed into the path of Ottis' motorcycle.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Stryker. A court hearing is set for Oct. 31.
Information from: KMTV-TV, http://www.action3news.com