FEATURED IN NEWS
- Family Sues Albuquerque PD Over Fatal Crash
- FBI: Agents Fell to Deaths Training off Virginia Coast
- Colorado Governor Delays Execution of Convicted Killer
- Massive Search Underway for Abducted Teen in Iowa
- London Police Investigate Ruthless Killing as Terror Attack
- Stockholm Youth Riot after Fatal Police Shooting
- FBI Agent Involved in Fatal Shooting During Boston Bombing Investigation
MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say a man abducted and raped a Central Michigan University student, set a house on fire and was fatally shot miles away by a sheriff's deputy.
The man was identified as 30-year-old Eric Ramsey of Mount Pleasant.
Isabella County Sheriff Leo Mioduszewski (MED'-ah-shess-kee) says the woman was abducted from campus in her own vehicle Wednesday night and taken to a home where she was bound and raped.
He says Ramsey put her back in the car and began driving. The sheriff says the woman jumped from the car and ran to a home for help. While she talked to 911, the suspect poured gasoline and set the house on fire.
The sheriff says Ramsey was killed more than 70 miles away in Crawford County after stealing a sanitation truck.