FEATURED IN NEWS
- Lawsuit Claims Deputy Shot Man But Didn't Call Paramedics
- Mother Killed, Kids Hurt, after Shoplifters Crash in Houston
- Washington, D.C. Transit Police Arrest AED Thief
- Suspect in Killing of Utah Officer Found Dead in Cell
- New Jersey Cop Accused of Setting Fire to Captain's Home
- U.S. Park Police Furloughs Could Cause Holiday Weekend Response Delays
- Interstate Bridge Collapses Over Washington River
WASHINGTON CO., Mo. -- An active manhunt is underway in Washington County, Missouri, after a sheriff's deputy was shot and killed early Saturday morning. That's according to the Missouri Highway Patrol.
It happened at 2:10 a.m. on Nugget Road in Mineral Point. Authorities say the deputy was responding to a 911 call for an unconscious person. While they were loading that person into an ambulance, the deputy was ambushed. One shot was fired, killing the deputy.
- ODMP Remembers Deputy Sheriff Christopher Parsons
- Authorities Searching for Suspect Who Killed Missouri Officer