FEATURED IN NEWS
- Texas Deputy Killed in Collision with Intoxicated Driver
- ODMP: South Carolina Officer Dies of Smoke Inhalation from Earlier Fire
- FBI Hostage Rescue Team Agents Killed in Training Exercise
- Phoenix Police Officer Dies in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Metro-Washington Airport Officer Shot and Killed by Wife
- New York Student Killed During Shooting between Intruder and Police
- College Student, Intruder Killed in New York Break-In
EAST ORANGE, N.J. — Nearly five dozen members of the Bloods and Crips street gangs who were working together to control the drug trade near the East Orange-Newark border have been arrested as part of a sprawling investigation dubbed "Operation Gridlock," police said.
The 59 alleged gang members and drug dealers were arrested over the past three weeks, completing a two-month investigation that helped police seize more than $17,000 in narcotics, $12,000 in cash and several weapons, said Sgt. Andrew DiElmo, an East Orange police spokesman.