FEATURED IN NEWS
- Washington, D.C. Transit Police Arrest AED Thief
- Suspect in Killing of Utah Officer Found Dead in Cell
- New Jersey Cop Accused of Setting Fire to Captain's Home
- U.S. Park Police Furloughs Could Cause Holiday Weekend Response Delays
- Interstate Bridge Collapses Over Washington River
- 15-Year-Old Held in Murder of Siblings
- Dead Iowa Kidnapping Suspect Probed in Cousins' Deaths
WALPOLE, Mass. (AP) — State police say a Norfolk County sheriff's deputy involved in traffic accident while riding a department motorcycle has died.
Authorities say Ryan Tvelia (tuh-VELL'-yuh) was involved in a collision with one vehicle on Interstate 95 in Walpole at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday, then was struck by a second vehicle.
He was taken to Norwood Hospital with serious injuries, where he later died.
A sheriff's department spokesman says the 42-year-old Tvelia was in full uniform and headed to Quincy where he was scheduled to join a funeral service honor guard for a colleague's late mother.
The Plainville resident leaves a wife and three teenage children.
The 11-year department veteran was a guard at the Norfolk County jail in Dedham.
The crash remains under investigation.