FEATURED IN NEWS
- Texas Deputy Killed in Collision with Intoxicated Driver
- ODMP: South Carolina Officer Dies of Smoke Inhalation from Earlier Fire
- FBI Hostage Rescue Team Agents Killed in Training Exercise
- Phoenix Police Officer Dies in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Metro-Washington Airport Officer Shot and Killed by Wife
- New York Student Killed During Shooting between Intruder and Police
- College Student, Intruder Killed in New York Break-In
WATAUGA COUNTY, N.C. -- A Watauga County deputy was shot and killed in the line of duty during an early Tuesday morning shootout with a suspect, according to WXII. Sheriff's deputy William Mast Jr. died just after 1 a.m.
Deputies were responding to a call at a home when the suspect opened fire at officers, according to the Winston-Salem Journal. Mast was hit by the suspect's gunfire. And the suspect was killed with other officers' returned fire, according to the Winston-Salem Journal.
The suspect's name hasn't been released.