FEATURED IN NEWS
- Kentucky Officer Shot and Killed, Suspect at Large
- U.S. Man Wanted for Czech Murders Arrested by FBI at Dulles
- Lawsuit Claims Deputy Shot Man But Didn't Call Paramedics
- Mother Killed, Kids Hurt, after Shoplifters Crash in Houston
- Washington, D.C. Transit Police Arrest AED Thief
- Suspect in Killing of Utah Officer Found Dead in Cell
- New Jersey Cop Accused of Setting Fire to Captain's Home
Village Public Safety Officer Thomas Madole was shot and killed in Manokotak, Alaska.
Officer Madole had radioed Alaska State Troopers at approximately 4:00 pm to report that he was going to speak with a subject regarding an earlier altercation the man had been involved in. Approximately one hour later a citizen called the troopers to report a shooting.
Because of the remote location of the village, four troopers had to fly to the location. They discovered Officer Madole's body outside of the subject's home. The man was later taken into custody.
Officer Madole had served as a VPSO in the village for 1-1/2 years. He is survived by his wife and son.
Please contact the following agency to send condolences or to obtain funeral arrangements:
Colonel Keith Mallard
Alaska State Troopers - Village Public Safety Officers
4500 W 50th Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99502
Phone: (907) 248-1410