Sgt. Gary Morales (Photo St. Lucie County Sheriff)
St. Lucie County sheriff’s sergeant killed and suspect in custody.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- U.S. Man Wanted for Czech Murders Arrested by FBI at Dulles
- Lawsuit Claims Deputy Shot Man But Didn't Call Paramedics
- Mother Killed, Kids Hurt, after Shoplifters Crash in Houston
- Washington, D.C. Transit Police Arrest AED Thief
- Suspect in Killing of Utah Officer Found Dead in Cell
- New Jersey Cop Accused of Setting Fire to Captain's Home
- U.S. Park Police Furloughs Could Cause Holiday Weekend Response Delays
FORT PIERCE, Fla. -- Sergeant Gary Morales was shot and killed while making a traffic stop in the 3200 block of Naylor Terrace, near Edwards Road, at approximately 9:30 am.
During the stop a subject exited the stopped vehicle and opened fire, striking Sergeant Morales as he sat his in his patrol car. He was transported to Lawnwood Regional Medical Center and Heart Institute where he was pronounced dead.