Marion County Sheriff's Deputy Sheriff Anthony Raikes (ODMP photo)
FEATURED IN NEWS
- 15-Year-Old Held in Murder of Siblings
- Dead Iowa Kidnapping Suspect Probed in Cousins' Deaths
- Colorado Killer's Reprieve Sharply Criticized
- Czech Police Seek US Man Suspected of 4 Murders
- Washington Deputy Injured in Off-Duty Motorcycle Crash Dies
- Man Shot by FBI in Florida Had Ties to Boston Bombing Suspect
- Suspects in Brutal London Attack Were Targets of Earlier Security Investigations
Deputy Sheriff Anthony Raikes was shot and killed while making a traffic stop on U.S. 68, near Lebanon, at approximately 2:00 am.
As he was approaching the car the driver opened fire with a small caliber handgun, striking Deputy Raikes. Despite being wounded, Deputy Raikes was able to return fire.
The subject fled on foot but was arrested a short time later by members of the Kentucky State Police and Campbellsville Police Department.
Deputy Raikes was transported to a local hospital where he succumbed to his wounds.
Deputy Raikes had served with the Marion County Sheriff's Office for six years and had previously served with the Lebanon Police Department.
Please contact the following agency to send condolences or to obtain funeral arrangements:
Sheriff Jimmy Clements
Marion County Sheriff's Office
223 North Spaulding Avenue
Lebanon, KY 40033
Phone: (270) 692-3051