FEATURED IN NEWS
- Texas Deputy Killed in Collision with Intoxicated Driver
- ODMP: South Carolina Officer Dies of Smoke Inhalation from Earlier Fire
- FBI Hostage Rescue Team Agents Killed in Training Exercise
- Phoenix Police Officer Dies in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Metro-Washington Airport Officer Shot and Killed by Wife
- New York Student Killed During Shooting between Intruder and Police
- College Student, Intruder Killed in New York Break-In
Trooper Michael Slagle died following a vehicle crash on Longmire Road, near Emory Road, in Knox County.
His patrol car slid off the roadway after striking a patch of ice. Despite being stuck in his vehicle, he was able to notify dispatchers of the crash and rescue crews were sent to the scene. A responding fire truck slid on the same patch of ice and flipped over on top of his patrol car while he was still inside.
At some point during the incident Trooper Slagle suffered a fatal heart attack.
Trooper Slagle had served with the Tennessee Highway Patrol for over 20 years.
- The Knoxville Journal: State Trooper Dies in Ice-Related Wreck
- Tennessee State Trooper Dies While on Duty in Knoxville