Max Dorley was responding to a call when his patrol car slammed into a utility pole.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Chicago Paper Scrutinizes Metra Police Department's Overtime Usage
- Official: FBI Agents' Cause of Death Unlikely Soon
- Virginia Driver Who Hit Officer with Car Shot, Killed
- NY Police Look Into Links Between Fatal Shooting, Anti-Gay Attacks
- Colorado Sheriffs Sue Over New Gun Restrictions
- Wounded Massachusetts Transit Officer Eager for Work
- Texas Deputy Killed in Collision with Intoxicated Driver
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- A 15-year veteran of the Providence Police Department was killed in a car accident while racing to assist fellow officers in a disturbance call in the city's North End, Police Chief Hugh T. Clements Jr. confirmed.
The officer, Maxwell Dorley, is survived by a wife and two children.