His cruiser hit a utility pole, then caught on fire, ejecting him into the street.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Wounded Massachusetts Transit Officer Eager for Work
- Texas Deputy Killed in Collision with Intoxicated Driver
- ODMP: South Carolina Officer Dies of Smoke Inhalation from Earlier Fire
- FBI Hostage Rescue Team Agents Killed in Training Exercise
- Phoenix Police Officer Dies in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Metro-Washington Airport Officer Shot and Killed by Wife
- New York Student Killed During Shooting between Intruder and Police
SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- Sgt. Mark Scianna, of the Bexar County Constable's Office, was killed in an automobile accident Saturday.
According to the Officer Down Memorial Page, Scianna activated his emergency equipment and attempted to turn when his cruiser left the roadway and struck a utility pole. The impact caused Scianna to be ejected. The vehicle then rolled over and struck a second utility pole.
Scianna, 49, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Scianna has served with the Bexar County Precinct 3 Constable's Office for two years.