FEATURED IN NEWS
- Face-Chewing Victim Recovering in Miami
- Newly Released Photos of Tucson Shooting Scene Show Investigative Tactics
- Search for Survivors in Oklahoma Nearly Complete
- Police Chief: No Charges Likely in Virginia Parade Crash
- Suspect in Abduction of 2 Girls Found Dead in Iowa
- Utah Police Close 2009 Cold Case
- Off-Duty Atlanta Motorcycle Officer Hurt in Crash
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (WUSA9) -- Alexandria Police Officer Peter Laboy, who was allegedly shot by a taxi cab driver recently, continues to recover from his injuries.
On Thursday, police held a press conference about his recovery and released a photo of Officer Laboy at the hospital with his wife.
The City of Alexandria has stepped up in support of Officer Laboy and his family. A big auction event was held at Old Town's Virtue Feed and Grain restaurant recently. Donations poured in for the injured officer.
There are now two other events in honor of the officer:
- On March 21, the police department and Inova Alexandria are holding a blood drive in the Alexandria Police Department Community Room on at 2600 Wheeler Avenue. The event goes from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. You can schedule an appointment at inova.org/donateblood. Click on Schedule a Donation and then Donate Blood. Use Sponsor Code 7980 -- or call 1866-BLOODSAVES
On April 21, TopGolf in Kingstowne will donate all of its proceeds to the Laboy family. The cost is $25 and includes food and two drink tickets. There will also be a silent auction. For more information, visit: http://www.dccopsclassic.com/Fundraisers.html