FEATURED IN NEWS
- College Student, Intruder Killed in New York Break-In
- Motorcycle Deputy Critically Hurt in East Georgia Dies
- Ohioan to Appeal Conviction in 'Dying Blinks' Case
- Woman in Towed Car Likely Died at North Carolina Crash Scene, Autopsy Finds
- New Mexico Mom Chases Down Child Abductor; Man Arrested
- New Orleans Parade Shooting Arrests Cheered
- ‘Hatchet Hitchhiker’ Arrested in New Jersey Homicide
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Officials are investigating whether a joint fire-police SWAT team exercise may have sparked a brushfire that injured one firefighter and briefly threatened homes in San Diego County.
The blaze Saturday afternoon charred 4 acres and burned close to houses near a police shooting range at Gillespie Field in El Cajon.
City News Service reports the fire broke out four hours after a Red Flag Warning for extreme fire danger was issued in San Diego County.
The fire was knocked down in less than an hour. A firefighter was treated for a knee injury.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.