FEATURED IN NEWS
- 15-Year-Old Held in Murder of Siblings
- Dead Iowa Kidnapping Suspect Probed in Cousins' Deaths
- Colorado Killer's Reprieve Sharply Criticized
- Czech Police Seek US Man Suspected of 4 Murders
- Washington Deputy Injured in Off-Duty Motorcycle Crash Dies
- Man Shot by FBI in Florida Had Ties to Boston Bombing Suspect
- Suspects in Brutal London Attack Were Targets of Earlier Security Investigations
WICHITA, Kan. -- Police in Wichita say a 42-year-old motorist was texting when he slammed into the back of a patrol car parked along a main thoroughfare.
The crash happened around 7 p.m. Wednesday while the police officer was outside the cruiser helping a stranded driver change a tire. The officer wasn't hit.
KAKE-TV reports the impact from the SUV sent the patrol car about 100 feet down Kellogg.
Witnesses told police the SUV driver was texting and didn't slow down or hit the brake before crashing into the cruiser at roughly 60 mph.
The motorist was given a citation for careless driving.