FEATURED IN NEWS
- Metro-Washington Airport Officer Shot and Killed by Wife
- New York Student Killed During Shooting between Intruder and Police
- College Student, Intruder Killed in New York Break-In
- Motorcycle Deputy Critically Hurt in East Georgia Dies
- Ohioan to Appeal Conviction in 'Dying Blinks' Case
- Woman in Towed Car Likely Died at North Carolina Crash Scene, Autopsy Finds
- New Mexico Mom Chases Down Child Abductor; Man Arrested
MIDVALE, Utah (AP) — A Utah Highway Patrol trooper is recovering after being struck by a motorist at the scene of another accident in Midvale.
The patrol says the trooper had just finished setting up flares at a crash site on Interstate 15 Monday night when a Jeep slid out of control and struck the trooper after slamming into the wall nearby.
KSL-TV (http://bit.ly/TjnXQx ) reports the trooper was able to walk but was taken to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The patrol says he complained of neck, head, leg and back pains.
Authorities are urging motorists to be extra cautious when driving in bad weather and to slow down when they see emergency vehicles.