FEATURED IN NEWS
- Texas Deputy Killed in Collision with Intoxicated Driver
- ODMP: South Carolina Officer Dies of Smoke Inhalation from Earlier Fire
- FBI Hostage Rescue Team Agents Killed in Training Exercise
- Phoenix Police Officer Dies in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Metro-Washington Airport Officer Shot and Killed by Wife
- New York Student Killed During Shooting between Intruder and Police
- College Student, Intruder Killed in New York Break-In
EL PASO, Texas (AP) — A West Texas police officer has been struck and killed in a chain-reaction traffic accident while trying to remove a ladder from Interstate 10.
El Paso police say services are pending for 27-year-old Officer Angel Garcia, who joined the force last March.
Authorities say Garcia was hit early Sunday while outside of his patrol vehicle with the lights flashing as he attempted to haul the ladder from the road. Police believe as many as four vehicles, including the police car, were part of the accident.
Police say Garcia died at an El Paso hospital. Two people in an SUV involved in the wreck suffered injuries not believed to be life-threatening.
No charges were immediately filed.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.