Photo courtesy Aurora Police Department
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Chicago Paper Scrutinizes Metra Police Department's Overtime Usage
- Official: FBI Agents' Cause of Death Unlikely Soon
- Virginia Driver Who Hit Officer with Car Shot, Killed
- NY Police Look Into Links Between Fatal Shooting, Anti-Gay Attacks
- Colorado Sheriffs Sue Over New Gun Restrictions
- Wounded Massachusetts Transit Officer Eager for Work
- Texas Deputy Killed in Collision with Intoxicated Driver
On March 25, Officer Doug Byrne, 37, of the Aurora (Colo.) Police Department, was killed in automobile accident while responding to a medical emergency call. A vehicle stopped directly in front of his patrol car at an intersection, causing him to take evasive action. Byrne suffered massive injuries when he was ejected from the patrol car as it rolled over. Byrne was a nine-year law enforcement veteran and a U.S. Marine Corps veteran of the Gulf War.
This information was provided by the Officer Down Memorial Page, Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to honoring America s fallen law enforcement officers. For more information on this incident, other line-of-duty death reports and law enforcement memorials, visit www.odmp.org.