Officer Lisa Beaulieu
FEATURED IN NEWS
- College Student, Intruder Killed in New York Break-In
- Motorcycle Deputy Critically Hurt in East Georgia Dies
- Ohioan to Appeal Conviction in 'Dying Blinks' Case
- Woman in Towed Car Likely Died at North Carolina Crash Scene, Autopsy Finds
- New Mexico Mom Chases Down Child Abductor; Man Arrested
- New Orleans Parade Shooting Arrests Cheered
- ‘Hatchet Hitchhiker’ Arrested in New Jersey Homicide
On April 27, Officer Lisa Beaulieu, 36, a six-year veteran of the Beaumont (Texas) Police Department and a former dispatcher, was struck and killed by a drunk driver while investigating an accident on the Eastex Freeway shortly before 0100 hrs.
Another vehicle had stopped behind Beaulieu s patrol car, which was positioned in the right travel lane. As Beaulieu spoke to the vehicle s occupants on the passenger side, a drunken driver swerved onto the shoulder in between the vehicle and guardrail and stuck Beaulieu. The impact threw her over the wall of the overpass and onto the service road below. The drunk driver was taken into custody on scene.
This information was provided by the Officer Down Memorial Page, Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to honoring America s fallen law enforcement officers. For more information on this incident, other line-of-duty death reports and law enforcement memorials, visit www.odmp.org.