- Texas Deputy Killed in Collision with Intoxicated Driver
- ODMP: South Carolina Officer Dies of Smoke Inhalation from Earlier Fire
- FBI Hostage Rescue Team Agents Killed in Training Exercise
- Phoenix Police Officer Dies in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Metro-Washington Airport Officer Shot and Killed by Wife
- New York Student Killed During Shooting between Intruder and Police
- College Student, Intruder Killed in New York Break-In
MANKATO, Minn. - A hit-and-run accident ended with the suspect driving his car into the Mankato Walmart, then holding police at bay for a half-hour with what turned out to be a pellet gun.
Authorities say the 47-year-old man from Minnesota Lake had been involved in a minor traffic accident about 6 a.m. Thursday. The suspect drove away, then was followed by Blue Earth County Sheriff Brad Peterson into the Walmart parking lot.
After the man drove through the store doors, Peterson and a Mankato police officer followed him into the store. Customers were asked to leave the store, and after a half-hour standoff, the man surrendered his pellet gun and was taken into custody without incident.
The man was taken to a hospital for a mental evaluation.
Information from: The Free Press, http://www.mankatofreepress.com