- Massive Search Underway for Abducted Teen in Iowa
- London Police Investigate Ruthless Killing as Terror Attack
- Stockholm Youth Riot after Fatal Police Shooting
- FBI Agent Involved in Fatal Shooting During Boston Bombing Investigation
- Face-Chewing Victim Recovering in Miami
- Newly Released Photos of Tucson Shooting Scene Show Investigative Tactics
- Search for Survivors in Oklahoma Nearly Complete
TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) A man was shot by police after a gunfight and a high-speed chase that ended with a crash on an Alabama highway.
Talladega police say the driver of a white pickup truck opened fire on two officers during a traffic stop at 11:43 a.m. Saturday. Police returned fire and authorities say the driver was struck by a bullet.
The passenger in the truck fled and the driver then led police on a high-speed chase, eventually striking a guardrail on the Alabama 275 bypass. The pickup burst into flames.
Officers pulled the driver from the burning truck. He was taken to the University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital. His condition was not immediately available and authorities did not release his name.
Information from: The Daily Home - Talladega, http://www.dailyhome.com