- College Student, Intruder Killed in New York Break-In
- Motorcycle Deputy Critically Hurt in East Georgia Dies
- Ohioan to Appeal Conviction in 'Dying Blinks' Case
- Woman in Towed Car Likely Died at North Carolina Crash Scene, Autopsy Finds
- New Mexico Mom Chases Down Child Abductor; Man Arrested
- New Orleans Parade Shooting Arrests Cheered
- ‘Hatchet Hitchhiker’ Arrested in New Jersey Homicide
EL PASO, Texas Authorities in Texas say a car carrying four people has crashed into a utility pole after police stopped chasing it, killing three people in the vehicle and injuring one.
El Paso police Officer Chris Mears says the four were suspected of stealing beer from a convenience store early Wednesday.
Mears said an officer saw them speeding away and tried to stop them.
He said the officer broke off the pursuit, then came upon the wreck while looking for the car.
Mears says two of the dead were men and the other was a woman.
Another man was in critical condition at William Beaumont Army Medical Center.
Mears said all four people in the car were in their late teens or early 20s.