- Face-Chewing Victim Recovering in Miami
- Newly Released Photos of Tucson Shooting Scene Show Investigative Tactics
- Search for Survivors in Oklahoma Nearly Complete
- Police Chief: No Charges Likely in Virginia Parade Crash
- Suspect in Abduction of 2 Girls Found Dead in Iowa
- Training for Active Shooter Response
- Utah Police Close 2009 Cold Case
MOSS BLUFF, La. (AP) - Officials say a state trooper died when his patrol car was hit by another car.
The accident happened Tuesday night on U.S. Highway 171 north of Lake Charles.
Investigators say Trooper Duane Dalton died when his car was hit broadside by a car driven by 50-year-old Debra Bourque of Lake Charles.
After impact, Dalton's unit rotated clockwise, entered a ditch and struck a culvert on the driver's side.
Dalton was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
Troopers say Bourque was not injured.
Charges are pending the outcome of the continuing investigation.
The 39-year-old Dalton began his career with the Louisiana State Police on December 3, 1995