- College Student, Intruder Killed in New York Break-In
- Motorcycle Deputy Critically Hurt in East Georgia Dies
- Ohioan to Appeal Conviction in 'Dying Blinks' Case
- Woman in Towed Car Likely Died at North Carolina Crash Scene, Autopsy Finds
- New Mexico Mom Chases Down Child Abductor; Man Arrested
- New Orleans Parade Shooting Arrests Cheered
- ‘Hatchet Hitchhiker’ Arrested in New Jersey Homicide
CATSKILL, N.Y. - State police say a 30-year-old trooper from the Catskill barracks died in a collision while he was on patrol in the Hudson Valley.
Police say Trooper David Lane, a four-year veteran, was driving north in his patrol vehicle on state Route 32 in Catskill at 2:25 p.m. Wednesday when he attempted to pass another northbound vehicle. The vehicles made contact and Lane's vehicle went off the road and hit a utility pole.
Route 32 was shut down in both directions to allow for emergency response and investigation.
The Watertown Daily Times reports that Lane was the son of Cheryl and Stephen Lane of Dexter in northern New York. He served in Iraq and Afghanistan with the Army's C Company, 307th Engineer Battalion, 82nd Airborne Division.