- Washington, D.C. Transit Police Arrest AED Thief
- Suspect in Killing of Utah Officer Found Dead in Cell
- New Jersey Cop Accused of Setting Fire to Captain's Home
- U.S. Park Police Furloughs Could Cause Holiday Weekend Response Delays
- Interstate Bridge Collapses Over Washington River
- 15-Year-Old Held in Murder of Siblings
- Dead Iowa Kidnapping Suspect Probed in Cousins' Deaths
OGDENSBURG, N.Y. -- New York State Police say a trooper and another man were fatally electrocuted when a ladder touched a high-voltage power line as they tried to fix a flat tire on an antique fire truck.
Investigators say Trooper Shawn W. Snow, 47, and a 51-year-old Canadian man raised the extension ladder to redistribute the weight from the truck's right rear tire while changing the flat Sunday afternoon. The ladder touched the power line and both men were killed instantly.
Ogdensburg police say the truck was nearing the Ogdensburg-Prescott International Bridge when it got a flat tire. Snow had stopped to assist the unidentified man.
Information from: The Post-Standard, http://www.syracuse.com