- Face-Chewing Victim Recovering in Miami
- Newly Released Photos of Tucson Shooting Scene Show Investigative Tactics
- Search for Survivors in Oklahoma Nearly Complete
- Police Chief: No Charges Likely in Virginia Parade Crash
- Suspect in Abduction of 2 Girls Found Dead in Iowa
- Training for Active Shooter Response
- Utah Police Close 2009 Cold Case
PELHAM, Ala. (AP) A man suspected of fatally shooting a Birmingham-area police officer is in custody after being captured along with his brother, who is a police officer in another suburban city.
Authorities said Friday charges were pending in the slaying, but it was unclear whether both the shooting suspect and his officer brother would be charged.
A Pelham police officer was fatally shot during a traffic stop on Interstate 65 south of Birmingham late Thursday. Two men were arrested early Friday after stopping at a roadblock in Hoover.
Trussville Police Sgt. Lt. Paul Skaggs says suspect Bart Johnson was arrested with his brother, off-duty Trussville police officer Bill Johnson.
Skaggs says Bill Johnson contends he was driving his brother back to Pelham to surrender when they were arrested. Both men are being held in the Shelby County Jail.