- Colorado Governor Delays Execution of Convicted Killer
- Massive Search Underway for Abducted Teen in Iowa
- London Police Investigate Ruthless Killing as Terror Attack
- Stockholm Youth Riot after Fatal Police Shooting
- FBI Agent Involved in Fatal Shooting During Boston Bombing Investigation
- Face-Chewing Victim Recovering in Miami
- Newly Released Photos of Tucson Shooting Scene Show Investigative Tactics
CHATTAHOOCHEE HILLS, Ga. - Police are searching for the killer of a south Fulton County police officer who was gunned down while driving his car.
Col. Jeff Holmes of the Fulton County Sheriff's Department said Lieutenant Mike Vogt of the Chattahoochee Hills department was taken to a hospital after the shooting Monday afternoon and was pronounced dead.
Holmes says Vogt was driving down a dirt road when someone shot him. Vogt was able to call for help, and fellow officers administered first aid.
Holmes says police are looking for two or three men in a late 1980s brown Chrysler, He says police suspect a blue pickup truck with a ladder in the back may have been involved as well.
Chattahoochee Hills was created by referendum in 2007 and became Fulton County's 14th municipality.
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com