- Phoenix Police Officer Dies in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Metro-Washington Airport Officer Shot and Killed by Wife
- New York Student Killed During Shooting between Intruder and Police
- College Student, Intruder Killed in New York Break-In
- Motorcycle Deputy Critically Hurt in East Georgia Dies
- Ohioan to Appeal Conviction in 'Dying Blinks' Case
- Woman in Towed Car Likely Died at North Carolina Crash Scene, Autopsy Finds
BUFFALO GROVE, Ill. -- Police in Buffalo Grove have released the squad car video that caught the view an officer had May 23 as a Toyota Camry sped backward into his car, then up onto the hood and into the windshield just above his head.
Henry Raskin, 70, of Arlington Heights, was found guilty Aug. 29 of reckless driving, fined $220, ordered to attend an eight-hour traffic-safety course and given a year's court supervision.
Police said Raskin, apparently angry at being pulled over on Dundee Road and ticketed for speeding, threw his car into reverse and accelerated into and onto the police car. One of Raskin's tires smashed through the windshield near the officer's head.
- - -
See the video at suntimes.com