Confidence is established during structured, well-orchestrated, interactive training. Photo Dave Spaulding
FEATURED IN TRAINING
When budgets are tight, training is often the first thing to hit the cutting-room floor. It's unfortunate because training can be the difference between prevailing or not.
At LawOfficer.com, we believe in training hard, training safe and training often. For that reason, we place a strong emphasis on training content. We have some of the best and most reknowned law enforcement trainers on our team, and we're honored to be able to share their expertise with you.
Our trainers wrote hundreds of articles in 2011, but 10 of them seemed to resonate most with you.
The following are the Top 10 LawOfficer.com training articles of the year. Even if you've already read them, we hope you'll revisit them and share them with other officers.
10) Improvise, Adapt & Overcome: Chuck Humes shares this critical combative concept.
9) Street Gang Tactics: Dave Grossi reiterates emerging trends and enforcement strategies in street gang tactics.
8) A Felon on Firearms: Dave Spaulding asks: Do you truly understand the individual you hunt?
7) 5 Tips For Self-Rescue: Eric Dickinson reviews practical tips on tactical medicine and self-applied emergency first aid.
6) Police Training in a Zombie Flick? Chuck Humes introduces you to some Hollywood zombies with some serious police training tricks up their sleeves (no, we're not kidding).
5) Editor's Note: 3 Must-Know Gun Battle Tips: Dale Stockton shares gun battle tips you must know.
4) Officer Down: To the Sound of Guns: Brian McKenna explains how Officer Peter Koe’s discipline and warrior spirit ended a wanton bloodshed.
3) High-Speed Surgical Shooting: Abner Miranda introduces you to High Caliber Training’s Rogers Range Course and its wide array of training options.
2) Officer Down: The Legacy of Lakewood: Brian McKenna explains why what happened in Lakewood still resounds through our profession.
and (drum roll please!) ...
1) Return of Tombstone Courage? Dave Grossi reminds everyone of the 10 deadly errors of policing and tells you how you can combat them.