- Motorcycle Deputy Critically Hurt in East Georgia Dies
- Ohioan to Appeal Conviction in 'Dying Blinks' Case
- Woman in Towed Car Likely Died at North Carolina Crash Scene, Autopsy Finds
- New Mexico Mom Chases Down Child Abductor; Man Arrested
- New Orleans Parade Shooting Arrests Cheered
- ‘Hatchet Hitchhiker’ Arrested in New Jersey Homicide
- Arrest in Washington Bulldozer Rampage
KALAMAZOO, Mich. -- A police officer investigating an apparent break-in at a Kalamazoo business instead nabbed a dead 10-pound turkey, police said.
Officer Paula Hensell was conducting checks on local businesses Sunday morning when she noticed that a business's front window had been shattered, the police department said in a statement.
Hensell entered the store assuming a burglar was still inside, but instead found a wild turkey lying dead on a table.
Police said the turkey apparently died after flying through the window.